SIX AREAS of LEARNING:
We ensure, with careful planning and assessment, that these essential areas of learning are delivered appropriately within the lessons, activities and general every day school life of the children attending Jingle Bells.
PERSONAL, SOCIAL, EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
- Developing dispositions and attitudes.
- Building self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Making relationships.
- Understanding behavior and practicing self-control.
- Fostering self-care.
- Gaining a sense of community.
COMMUNICATION, LANGUAGE & LITERACY:
- Learning language for communication.
- Developing language for thinking.
- Linking sounds and letters.
- Beginning reading.
- Beginning writing.
- Handwriting preparation (through drawing and pencil skills).
- Understanding numbers as labels and for counting.
- Developing calculation skills.
- Investigating shape, space and measurement.
KNOWLEDGE & UNDERSTANDING of THE WORLD:
- Exploration and investigation.
- Designing and making skills.
- Information and communication technology.
- A sense of time.
- A sense of place.
- Cultures and beliefs.
- A sense of space.
- Health and bodily awareness.
- Using equipment.
- Using tools and materials.
- Exploring media and materials.
- Responding to experiences and expressing and communicating ideas.
Source: Curriculum Guidance for the Foundation Stage.